|“|| His eyes, unfathomably empty, devoid of all compassion, all humanity... No one has eyes like that... no one!
|~ Captain America, on Red Skull|
The Complete Monster is the worst of all antagonists, an antagonist who is pure evil. And for this kind of antagonist, doing evil for them is as natural as breathing. They can be recognized by these signs:
- They commit acts that are atrocious by the standards of the story, and have crossed the Moral Event Horizon. Villains who have only crossed the MEH and did not go from there usually do not qualify, although rare examples such as Steele and Shou Tucker exist if the line they cross is heinous enough.
- They are taken seriously, causing fear, revulsion, and hatred from other characters in the story. For this reason, villains such as Comedy Villains and Comic Relief Villains can never qualify, unless their humour is what makes them evil and if it is sadistic enough. (rare examples such as the Joker from DC).
- They are never presented in a positive way in books, games or videos. (With the exception of the HISHE videos, with Voldemort, Palpatine and the Joker (all three being pure evil), among others, being toned down to make the HISHE videos lighter than their source material.)
- They can almost never feel love for others. If they claim to have love for anyone, that "love" would mostly be either perversion, possessiveness, or obsession with very, very, very, rare exceptions.
- Nothing is able to make their crimes legal, they have a lack of empathy and have virtually no chances of redemption for themselves.
Anti-Villains can never qualify seeing as to how you are meant to sympathize with an anti-villain, even if you do not approve of their methods. Also, just being a obviously evil character such as a Serial Killer, Nihilist, Destroyer of Innocence or a Omicidal Maniac doesn't automatically make the villain a Complete Monster unless they are particularly brutal in nature or extremely remorseless.
| Some or all of the information and/or categories on this page may have come from another site such as the Villains Wikia or TVTropes.org. This may include previous edits that are different than the current version. Changes to this page to provide original content are welcomed and encouraged, but this notice must remain on the page at all times.
To visit this page on the Villains Wikia, click here.
All items (176)